Why volunteer in Nepal?
Nepal is considered to be one of the most beautiful countries in the world which possesses diverse landscapes ranging from the well-known peaks of the Himalaya to low-lying Terai regions . There are several ethnic groups dwelling(living) in harmony with over 70 languages or dialects and a wide range of traditional festivals celebrated throughout the year.
Statistically seen Nepal is one of the poorest countries in the world. Socially and economically people are less developed due to the low rates of literacy, high rates of poverty and persistent gender imbalance. A large number of people living in rural areas and even in urban areas do not have access to education because these people don't have adequate income to even support their family. Statistics show that 26 percent of the total population living in Nepal is below the poverty line, which means that they earn less than $240 a year. These people lack basic facilities such as education and health. Even the government of Nepal is frequently unable to provide adequate education and health facilities throughout the country so both urban and rural areas are forced to live without necessary resources to promote growth and development of their communities.
Why volunteer with us?
As human being we share this universe under the same sky. Throughout the world there is a strong believe that every human has equal rights to live their lives. In reality if we see the life style of people living in the same universe, we can find a vast difference .For example in Nepal 26% of total population lives below the poverty line and are lacking proper health care facilities, education facilities and even nutrition for their children. Our main purpose of this volunteer tourism (Voluntourism) is to address these issues by partnering with institutions and organisations in Nepali communities and ensure that our profit goes for the welfare of these people.
Great Wall Nepal cooperates with many organisations within and outside the Kathmandu Valley. These organisations work on health care, environmental, educational and income generating projects. These projects provide opportunities for national and international volunteers to work for the welfare of local communities. Great Wall Nepal also provides you an atmosphere for in-depth understanding of local culture via Home stay programmes or living together with the local families and cultural exchange programmes.
Here at Great Wall Nepal we ensure that all volunteers are provided with a safe, enriching and very rewarding and life-changing experience. Your "efforts" can bring great changes in the lives of individual people and the wider community. Other benefits that Great Wall Nepal volunteers enjoy include discounted rates to many Nepali attractions such as Trekking, Rafting, Bungee Jumping, Jungle Safari, Mountain Flights guided sight-seeing and much more!
What differentiates us?
- The concept of volunteer tourism has been developed with the intention of helping the people living below poverty line.
- The project is founded and run by the foreign and Nepali professionals having a wide knowledge on this phenomenon.
- Great Wall Nepal believes the concept of Sustainable Development, means we draw attention to the locals' benefits and equally focus on nature.
- Great Wall Nepal provides volunteer opportunities in various fields considering the experience and interests of our clients . We are flexible in helping you to find an opportunity in the by you chosen field.
- Great Wall Nepal is always transparent to what we do and how we provide benefits to the local community.
- Great Wall Nepal also provides placement opportunities to the students as per their requirement in the social organisations.